Latest news from HAFSA
See our latest bulletins:
Please see here the current schedule of HAFSA fund-raising events and join us if you can:
- Saturday 6th March : British Palestine Friendship and Twinning Network AGM. More details to follow.
- Sunday 14th March : 11 am -2 pm HAFSA stall at Brentford Market. Come and see us at this lively monthly market in Market Place, Brentford. HAFSA regularly has a stall to raise funds and we plan to be selling “Gift an Orange Tree” cards and greeting cards, 100% cotton traditional black and white or coloured keffiyehs made in Hebron, handmade purses, phone cases with traditional Palestinian embroidery and our new booklet celebrating 10 years of HAFSA – as well as bric-a-brac and more! In support of Palestine, a great range of Palestinian Zaytoun products including their excellent oil will also be on sale. Please wear a mask while browsing the stalls – Sunday parking nearby is easy and there are good bus routes. We thank the many people who supported us so generously the Brentford market – and are delighted now to be able to take both contactless payment or cash for things you buy and for donations.
We welcome any good quality items to sell on our stall and you can drop them at Marjorie’s (details below). Can you help on the day? Contact Marjorie: [email protected] 07960 804650. Majorie is our HAFSA Volunteer Distributor for Zaytoun products. It may be that the market is restricted to food products so you can still buy your Zaytoun products and if you want to buy HAFSA products such as cards and masks please contact us in advance so you can “click and collect” at the market. To arrange this please email us.
- Friday 19th March : 6 pm We are very much hoping to be able to show the informative and moving film by Eyal Sivan Jaffa, the Orange’s Clockwork via Zoom with a discussion to follow. This is particularly relevant given our current HAFSA project started in late 2020 to enable the planting of 300 orange trees in and around Sabastiya.
You can also look here at our archive of news bulletins going back over more than 10 years. Please contact us with your suggestions for events we could hold during this period of Covid19 restrictions – any of your ideas as to how we can continue to fund raise during lockdown would be very much appreciated eg. talks, Zoom quiz.
This may also be of interest :
- Britain and Palestine, a family history – Click here to book a place on this talk by the reknowned author Raja Shadhadeh who is the founder of the pioneering Palestinian human rights organisation Al Haq. Wednesday 3 March at 1500 UK-time.
- The Crafting of the News: the British media and the Israel-Palestine Question Click here to hear a recording of this recent Balfour Project event.
Please contact us with your suggestions for items of news, links or events which may be of relevant and helpful for HAFSA friendsj