Latest news from HAFSA
See our latest bulletins:
Please see below the current schedule of HAFSA fund-raising events and join us if you can.
- Sunday August 8th : 11 am -2 pm HAFSA stall at Brentford Market. Come and see us at this lively monthly market in Market Place, Brentford. HAFSA regularly has a stall to raise funds, in support of Sabastiya. We also sale a great range of Palestinian Zaytoun products including their excellent oil. Normally we would be selling “Gift an Orange Tree” cards and greeting cards, 100% traditional cotton black and white keffiyehs made in Hebron, and other traditional Palestinian embroidery as well as bric-a-brac and more! Please wear a mask while browsing the stalls – Sunday parking nearby is easy and there are good transport routes. We continue to thank the many people who support us so generously at the Brentford market – and are delighted now to be able to take both contactless payment or cash for things you buy and for donations.
- Sunday August 1st : Summer Hafleh (Party) from 6pm – We hope to gather again this year by the canal in Brentford. We will send you venue details when you book. There will be delicious food, a bar, entertainment, canoe trips and a raffle. We are fundraising for our water recycling project. 💧💧💧.
- Saturday August 21st : Hanwell Carnival, at Elthorne Park, Hanwell – We will have our usual stall from 12 noon.
- You can also look here at our archive of news bulletins going back over more than 10 years. Please contact us with your suggestions for events we could hold during this period of Covid19 restrictions – any of your ideas as to how we can continue to fund raise during lockdown would be very much appreciated eg. talks, Zoom quiz.
This may also be of interest :
- Israel/Palestine: in search of the rule of law – Click here to book a place at this conference which runs over 2 afternoons (3rd June and 15th July)
- The Crafting of the News: the British media and the Israel-Palestine Question Click here to hear a recording of this recent Balfour Project event.
Please contact us with your suggestions for items of news, links or events which may be of relevance and helpful for HAFSA friends.