Latest news from HAFSA
See our latest HAFSA bulletins:
Please see below the current schedule of HAFSA fund-raising events and join us if you can.
- Thursday December 9th : 6pm – 7:30 pm (UK time, 8pm in Palestine) HAFSA Winter Zoom We invite you to join us for our Winter Zoom in conjunction with Sabastiya and others from around the world. All funds raised are in aid of HAFSA projects and we appreciate the time kindly given by all our speakers and performers, including Palestinian comedian Alaa Shehada and singer song writer Robb Johnson. Hear Leon Rosselson tell us his interpretation of Zionitus. Meet a woman who has made a pilgrimage to find her mother’s home in Palestine, see videos of the amazing achievements of HAFSA projects in Sabastiya and listen to a poem both in English and Arabic. Sir Vincent Fean, our Patron, will be in discussion with Dr. Hanan Ashwari. Hanan is a well known politician, legislator, activist and scholar who has worked tirelessly as the spokesperson for the Palestinian delegation to the Middle East peace process. Please book your place on Eventbrite by clicking here. HAFSA continues to raise funds in support of the people in Sabastiya – and so this year we are selling tickets for £10.
- Sunday December 12th : 11am – 2pm HAFSA stall at Brentford Christmas Market Do please come along and support HAFSA this Christmas at Brentford Market. Come and see us at this lively monthly market in Market Place. HAFSA regularly has a stall to raise funds, in support of Sabastiya. We also have a great range of Palestinian Zaytoun products including their excellent olive oil. You can also buy our new “Gift an Orange Tree” cards (in support of Phase 2 of this major project in Sabastiya), 100% traditional cotton black&white as well as coloured keffiyehs made in Hebron and other traditional Palestinian embroidery. Sunday parking nearby is easy and there are good transport routes. We continue to thank the many people who support us so generously at the Brentford market – and are delighted now to be able to take both contactless payment and cash for things you buy and for donations.
- Saturday February 5th : 2pm – 4pm HAFSA 2022 AGM Our next AGM will be on Zoom. Further details to follow so please watch for updates.HAFD
This may also be of interest :
- You can also look here at our archive of news bulletins going back over more than 10 years.
- The Crafting of the News: the British media and the Israel-Palestine Question Click here to hear a recording of this recent Balfour Project event.
- Mapping Palestine: An online exhibition: The majority of British people today do not know about Britain’s colonial role in Palestine and its impact on the current reality. This is one of the key reasons why some people are simply unaware of this issue. The Balfour Project launched its first ever virtual art exhibition exploring the theme of mapping in order to raise awareness of the ongoing occupation and pressure the British Government to take responsibility for their historic role. Click here to learn more.
Please contact us with your suggestions for items of news, links or events which may be of relevance and helpful for HAFSA friends – any of your ideas as to how we can continue to fund-raise are very much appreciated.