Latest news from HAFSA
See our latest HAFSA bulletins:
Please see below the current schedule of HAFSA fund-raising events and join us if you can.
- Saturday July 30th from 6pm- HAFSA Hafleh – Make your 2022 Splash for Sabastiya! Fun, Food and Friendship! Please save this date in your calendar for this popular annual riverside event in Brentford. HAFSA will be holding their fabulous, fun-filled summer party by the River Brent. We will send you venue details when you book. There will be delicious food, a bar, entertainment, canoe trips and a raffle. To book please email [email protected]. Tickets are £15 which food and your first drink. We will be fundraising for our water recycling project in Sabastiya. 💧💧💧
- Sunday August 14th : 11am – 2pm HAFSA stall at Brentford Market. Do please come along and support HAFSA this Christmas at Brentford Market. Come and see us at this lively monthly market in Market Place. HAFSA regularly has a stall to raise funds, in support of Sabastiya. We also have a great range of Palestinian Zaytoun products including their excellent olive oil. You can also buy our new “Gift an Orange Tree” cards (in support of Phase 2 of this major project in Sabastiya), 100% traditional cotton black&white as well as coloured keffiyehs made in Hebron and other traditional Palestinian embroidery. Sunday parking nearby is easy and there are good transport routes. We continue to thank the many people who support us so generously at the Brentford market – and are delighted now to be able to take both contactless payment and cash for things you buy and for donations. We need volunteers needed to help set up, man and take down HAFSA stall on the 2nd Sunday of most months at Brentford Market. The volunteer will need to be able to commit to 2-3 hours on a Sunday morning between 9:45am until 2:15pm. It will be helpful if volunteer is willing to learn how to use SumUp on their smartphone. If you feel you can do this and have some time available on a Sunday morning please contact Marjorie Kelly on 07960804650. It will be helpful if volunteers can commit ahead of time.
- Sunday September 25th – HAFSA Garage Sale with Cream Teas – Do also save this date in your calendar for our popular annual HAFSA fund-raising event in Hanwell which is back again this year – and watch this space for more details in our next bulletin.
This may also be of interest :
- You can also look here at our archive of news bulletins going back over more than 10 years.
- The Crafting of the News: the British media and the Israel-Palestine Question Click here to hear a recording of this recent Balfour Project event.
- Mapping Palestine: An online exhibition: The majority of British people today do not know about Britain’s colonial role in Palestine and its impact on the current reality. This is one of the key reasons why some people are simply unaware of this issue. The Balfour Project launched its first ever virtual art exhibition exploring the theme of mapping in order to raise awareness of the ongoing occupation and pressure the British Government to take responsibility for their historic role. Click here to learn more.
Please contact us with your suggestions for items of news, links or events which may be of relevance and helpful for HAFSA friends – any of your ideas as to how we can continue to fund-raise are very much appreciated.